You have now created your farm maps, including paddocks and livestock, well done! Its time to appreciate your handy work. When creating your paddocks, you will have completed details such as Crop Type, Pasture State and assigned colours to your paddocks! When creating paddock and livestock records in the Notebook you will have completed details such as Stocking Rate and Feed On Offer, that will now be visible in the Portal.
Sorting through this information can be tricky at times so to make it easier we have created the Visualise tab! To help improve farm decision making and planning, use the Visualise tab on the farm map to filter and view your paddock and livestock information separately!
- User Defined Colours - Set up your own colour scheme to use on your farm.
- Paddock Outlines - Only shows outline of paddocks to more easily see satellite imaging.
- Paddock Usage - Colour codes based on four categories: Cropping, Hay, Grazing, Withholding.
- Crop Type - Colour coded by the crop or pasture type.
- Grazing Days Remaining - Number of grazing days left.
- Feed on Offer - Feed available for stock (kg DM/Ha) within a given paddock.
- Pasture Growth Rate - Daily growth of dry matter of pasture per hectare.
- Stocking Rate - Stocking rate (DSE/Ha) within a given paddock.
- Grazing Days Empty - Total number of days a paddock has been empty in past six months.
- Days Since Last Grazed - Number of days since stock were last in a paddock.
To see the map visualisations follow these steps:
- Select Farm Map from the navigation bar
2. Select the Insights button, in the navigation panel at the top of the page
3. Select the filter you would like to see. For example, Crop Type
4. Your farm map will display the relevant data in a visual way, for example, Crop Type, as described by the legend at the bottom of the map.