Please follow these steps to record the Feed on Offer in a paddock.
Select the Paddocks tab and tap a paddock to record feed on offer
Press the Feed on Offer icon at the bottom of the page, or tap the More button at the bottom right of the screen and select the Feed on Offer tile.
Enter the Date that Feed on Offer was recorded. Then, input the Current Feed on Offer field manually or use the Estimate by height button. Choose the pasture height and corresponding kg DM/ha then select Ok.
This allows you to Estimate Dry Matter by Vegetation Height as per MLA Pasture Ruler
Note: To create a comprehensive Feed Budget, you may also wish to input Minimum FOO and Pasture Growth to determine your Grazing Days remaining
Add Minimum FOO
- Minimum FOO will automatically be set to 1000kg DM/ha. To edit Minimum FOO, select a paddock and press More
- Press Minimum FOO and enter your desired Target Minimum Feed on Offer. Press Save to finalise your entry.
Add Pasture Growth
- Select a paddock and press More
- Press Pasture Growth and enter your Current Pasture Growth Rate and the date it was recorded. Press Save to finalise your entry
If you are updating multiple paddocks, it is easier to update Feed On Offer, Minimum FOO and Pasture Growth on our Web App!
Select Paddocks from the left navigation panel
Select the Paddock/s by clicking the tick boxes on the left
Click Paddock actions and Set Feed on Offer from the drop-down menu
4. Fill out the Date and the Feed on Offer value. This will apply the same Feed On Offer value to your selected paddocks. Click Edit Individually to update values for each paddock.
5. Press Save to complete updating your Feed On Offer levels.