Troubleshooting Bluetooth Connections
Bluetooth can sometimes misbehave, and connecting to an EID reader will fail. Go through the following checklist to troubleshoot your connection, and also refer to the manufacturers manual for help with their device.
- Check that the device is turned on and has bluetooth enabled.
- Check that the device is not already connected to another device. Sometimes a bluetooth device will reconnect automatically to the previous device it was paired to. For example if your EID reader is connected to another device then disconnect the other device before trying to connect to the EID reader from the device running the AgriWebb Mobile App.
- Check your devices system bluetooth settings. Check that bluetooth is turned on.
- When the AgriWebb app is launched it will look for and reconnect to previously paired devices. If the EID reader was not available to connect to then go to the Hardware Connections page once the device powered on to connect manually.
- In certain cases, you may be prompted to apply a 4 digit code to pair the devices. The default for the majority of TruTest and mainstream devices is either 0000 or 1234. For TruTest EziWeigh7 the passcode is 'default' .
Missing keyboard on iOS when using a Tru Test XRS2
When using a Tru Test XRS stick reader with iOS devices the keyboard on the iOS device (and within the AgriWebb app) may not appear as expected). This is due to the stick reader presenting as a keyboard and iOS expecting input exclusively from the reader and opting to hide the on-screen keyboard. To address this it is important to ensure the XRS2 is connection mode is Default, and not HID. On the XRS2 navigate to Settings > Bluetooth > Advanced > Connect mode and verify that the value is set to Default.